Revision 3 December 25, 2017
© Copyright 2016-2018 Yusmar Yahaya.
Introduction to Paragliding, the Elementary Training
- 2 days of ground handling with reviews on thermodynamics and meteorology
- 2 days of practice – forward launch technique
- 1 additional day of progressive training flights (at progressive heights)
- Fully certified training equipments are provided (paraglider, harness, helmet and radio)
- Written and practical exam through Student Workbook
- Student Pilot identification card and permanent membership (entitles for paragliding gear discount)
- Insurance coverage for 1 year from the start date of training (applicable only for Malaysian citizen or expats with work permits)
- Training reading materials such as Student Workbook, flight log, tshirt
Beginner paragliding course lasts for 4-5 days over 3 weekends. If you are interested in learning to fly quickly, we recommend our intensive paragliding course over a full week (4-5 consecutive days) with theoretical lessons and practices every single day (weather permitting). This allows you to keep your knowledge and skills fresh each day and accelerates the learning process. Please consult us via emails for the schedule and further suggestions.
What You’ll Learn:
- Theory : Introduction to Paragliding, Equipment & Gears, Thermodynamics & Meteorology, Topology, Flight Rules and Incident Handling.
- Practical : Equipment preparation, inspection and maintenance
- Practical : Forward launch technique
- Practical : In-flight manoeuvres for landing approach, flying with instructor in tandem flight
- Practical : Open field landing technique
- Practical : Reserve deployment (in a suspended simulation)
What do I get after the training?
As a beginner you need to master a set of skills and knowledge to fly safely, for this very reason you are still required to be supervised by an instructor or equivalent for all of your subsequent flights even after the completion of your course. Only after 40 flights or more, you will usually grasp enough experience to perform the launch and landing without constant supervision.
In addition to that, you will be given the Student Identification card for validation should you visit other sites that requires verification of your proficiency. The card will also include your insurance coverage details and a QR code that will link to your personalised web page with the training details. This is to ensure efficiency in the verification process, should it is required.
The Training Location: (how does it look like)
- Minimum age of 18 (or 16 with parental consent)
- Comfortable outdoor attire including proper shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen
- The will and patience to learn to fly as the weather will be hot during ground handling training
- Listen carefully to your instructor (slightly different techniques may be applied according to situations and students ability to absorb instructions)
- Reasonably good health (advised to perform medical checkup or obtain doctor’s advice)
How much does it cost:
- Paragliding training module : RM2,800 (inclusive of Student Workbook, tshirt and the use of training gears)
- Inclusive of insurance for one (1) year and valid internationally (applicable only for Malaysian citizen or expats with work permits).
The insurance coverage details and their options will be elaborated during registration, together with the registration form. In near future, the details will be published online in our website.
In addition to PayPal and AliPay, we also accept credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc) using mobile payment terminal on-site prior to commencing the training session.
Commonly Asked Questions:
Now are you ready to learn how to fly a paraglider?
Contact Us for further details or to book your training calendar.