© Copyright 2015-2018 Yusmar Yahaya
List updated : May 1, 2018
Tandem paragliding is when you are flying as a passenger sitting in front of the pilot that will be steering the glider. The video below is an example of tandem paragliding :
- All our tandem pilots are experienced and certified by the National Aviation Controller that is monitoring the quality and safety standards of paragliding sport.
- All passengers are recommended to seek doctor’s advice in prior, especially if they are suspected to have certain medical conditions and must inform the pilots during registration.
- Pregnant female passengers are not allowed to fly as tandem passenger.
The charges for tandem paragliding depends on the site and passenger conditions, it varies acoording to locations and conditions. For a reference, the prices are listed in the online booking form at the bottom of this page.
Yes, we have insurance coverage as the option for all of our tandem flights, therefore we are compliant to the aviation regulation from Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM).
- Light wind : 25kg – 35kg
- Medium wind (ideal) : 40kg – 75kg
- Stronger wind : 80kg – 95kg
It is best that the passenger is fully aware what they are experiencing, therefore we strongly suggests that the passenger should be about 7 years old onwards. This is usually the stage where they are becoming aware and alert of their outdoor activities, able to communicate well with the pilot and last but not least, they would be big enough to sit safely snugged in the passenger harness.
There are many sites around the country for tandem paragliding, below is a few for references and for the full listing it would be easier to contact us for details.
Great! for a start, please scroll down further to fill-in the booking form (if you’re using a laptop/iPad/Tablet then it’s on the right).
The respective site’s appointed operator will get back to you soonest possible after they received your booking’s email notification.
Make a reservation
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting the reservation, you are confirming your intention to be involved in tandem paragliding activity and the coordinator for your selected site will contact you for further arrangements such as logistics and time to meet at site.
- We do not offer video recording service, however all pilots carry with them a GoPro or equivalent camera that you could use to record your flying video. Some operators will charge additional fee for that, please consult with your the site coordinator that will be contacting you on the details.
- Insurance as passenger are automatic but dependent on the site that you choose, please consult with the coordinator and its fees should it is required. Insurance registration is done at site before commencing the flight.
- Your booking is subject to cancellation or reschedule based on the weather or any other arbitrary factors that either affects the safety of flights or due to your medical/health conditions.
- We (Paragliders Malaysia) are not the site operator nor manage the payments for your bookings, this booking system will connect you automatically to the site operator(s) whom will accept/reject your booking and notification email will be sent with their confirmation.
- For payments, please contact the site operator of your chosen site and payments are made directly to the site operator. Site operator contact names and numbers will be made available after you submit the booking.