The Ascent 4 includes the latest Technologies as well as the implementation of intelligent materials. Optimized modern fabric gives the Ascent 4 a low weight, leading to less aggressive behavior during launch and extreme flight maneuvers.
Flying calm morning air, or strong thermal conditions the Ascent4 inspires confidence with its calm and easy-handling flight characteristics. Additionally, the glider has good performance, turns as desired in thermals and gives the pilot easy to understand, usable feedback.
High quality, tough materials will make the Ascent4 a durable, fun companion for your beginning in the sport and for many flying adventures in your future.
- The reduced weight of the glider makes for easy carrying and less inertia overhead.
- Launching the Ascent4 with beginner skills, the glider wants to come up cleanly and evenly overhead.
- New generation airfoil (NGA), Mini Ribs, Air intake pockets (AIP) as well as 3D shaping, help to optimize the airstream and therefore result in a more stable and performance-enhancing style of flying.
- Reduced Lineset make pre-flight line checks easier and decrease drag, allowing for more performance.
- Labels on risers aid the pilot during instruction and stressful situations
- Five different glider sizes, from 50 to 130 kg, help ensure the ideal relationship between pilot weight and glider size.
- Swept-back wingtips – improved handling, better climbing
- Brake Tensioning System: Trailing edge tension is good for handling and safety, but influences performance negatively. With BTS the tension is only there when you need it
- Exchangeable Front Section Support system (FSS) Nylon battens in the leading edge – a lifetime of perfect leading edge shape
|Surface area flat (m2)||21,0||23,3||25,5||27,6||29,4|
|Surface area projected (m2)||18,3||20,3||22,2||24,0||25,6|
|Flat span (m)||10,1||10,6||11,1||11,5||11,9|
|Projected span (m)||7,87||8,30||8,68||9,02||9,31|
|Flat aspect ratio||4,8||4,8||4,8||4,8||4,8|
|Projected aspect ratio||3,39||3,39||3,39||3,39||3,39|
|Total line length incl. Brake (m)||279||296||312||321||334|
|Total # of lines incl. Brake||154||154||154||154||154|
|Line dimensions (mm)||1,1 / 1, 3 / 1,4 / 1,6 / 2,1|
|Glider weight (kg)||3,9||4,2||4,4||4,8||5,1|
|Takeoff weight (kg)||50-70||60-80||70-95||80-110||95-130|